Sunday, October 9, 2011

...a time to plant and a time to uproot...Ecclesiastes 3:2

Right now I feel as if my world has been uprooted.  In the past year I have lost my grandfather (Pop), sold a rent house, watched my grandmother (Memom) as Alzhemier's has taken over her mind and as she has become so physically disabled that she's had to be put in a nursing home and now most recently unexpectedly sold my home, of 6 years, in two weeks!  Yes, we were planted but now we are definitely uprooted.  I loved my little house, but I cussed and fussed about not having enough room and we have discussed moving away and that we needed to go ahead and see if we could sell our house in this economy.  So we decided to go ahead and put our house on the market just to see what would happen. I figured it would stay on the market at least till next spring, but within two weeks we had an offer!  Secretly I wanted to reject the offer but I knew it was time to pass this house on to another couple who needed their first house and this is the perfect house for a first house.  We had to be out two weeks ago today and it has been very emotional for me.  I didn't know it would be so hard to leave behind my first house. So, right now we are in a transition stage, staying some at the camper with Michael while he is working in Lake Charles and some at my Mom's house.  We won't even be able to look for a house till probably around spring when Michael is done with this job. Until then I will keep my sanity by reminding myself that even though this is a time to uproot, soon it will be a time to plant again.

...a time to uproot...
Me, Michael and Cash posing in the front yard of our "First House"
1104 Pecan Street

...a time to plant...
The new owners, The Caldwells', posing for me in front of their "First House".
 I made them pose for a picture.  I'm sure they think I'm crazy,
but I don't care as long as I have my picture for the scrapbook, haha!

2 comments:

  1. Times of change and uncertainty can be so hard to deal with. I bet your new home is going to be amazing and pretty soon you won't even remember all this uprooting turmoil!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blog world!

    Love the idea of your family there then the new family. What a sweet progression of pictures.

    ReplyDelete